Pages

Monday 19 May 2014

We're a little bit obsessed with...

Paper Flowers! Have you seen them floating around Pinterest and craft blogs lately? When I saw these gigantic beauties, created by artist Tiffani Turner, I was inspired to try my hand at paper flower making. Tiffani's flowers take from 38 - 80 hours to make, so I thought I would start with something a little smaller. I ended up using the new Spellbinders D-Lites Create-a-Flower die range.



They were extremely simple to use as they cut cleanly and then when I ran them through my Bigshot again, they embossed all of the detail right onto the die.


I then applied Brilliance & Versacolor ink onto the petals to create the gradients you see in real flowers, and then enhanced the final details with Copic pens and a yellow Aquacolor crayon.


I rolled up the stamens and dabbed some glue on the ends and dipped them in bright yellow Flower Soft to create the look of pollen.



I rolled the petals with a double-ended embossing tool, and then glued them all together. Finished! They were so easy to throw together, which meant that I got them done in an afternoon.


And how gorgeous are those butterflies? They come double layered, so I just inked the ends up and applied some Fairy Dust glitter on the tips of the wings. Love!


I hope you get inspired to try your hand at some paper crafting yourself!


 Enjoy!

- Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment